Love That Works
Wendy Strgar’s first book, Love That Works, is based on years of writing on Making Love Sustainable. She tackles the challenging issues of sustaining relationships and creating healthy intimate lives with a disarming and down to earth clarity. Critics have called Love That Works an essential handbook for the daily practice of learning to cultivate the renewable resources of loving relationships and family.
- I loved this book! It reads like “the zen of relationships” — powerful quotes, followed up with a combination of memoir, case studies and philosophy. Wendy has obviously learned a lot from her own marriage and those of others, and she shares her insights in a powerful and memorable way. I loved her “love drills” — focus exercises to help lovers become more loving. She has organized her thoughts with metaphors of the four elements: earth, air, fire and water — as the basic ingredients of a lasting marriage. It’s a very helpful book, and obviously a labor of love.Tina B. Tessina, PhDAuthor of Money, Sex and Kids: Stop Fighting about the Three Things That Can Ruin Your Marriage
- Love That Works is the playbook of love. Love is a complicated sport and Coach Strgar lays out the x’s and o’s to help you succeed! It is a practical, everyday guide to understanding and managing your love life. Enter the “laboratory of love” and you’ll get to stand back and see what real people do to sustain their loving relationships. Keep it handy, when things get difficult you’ll want to refer to Love That Works.Mark Schoen, PhDFounder, SexSmartFilms.com
- Love that Works is a breath of fresh air. Wendy Strgar writes with the sensitivity of an old soul who draws wisdom from others and adds plenty of her own. There is information and nourishment on every page—whether you’re seeking the last word on vibrators and lubrication or searching for sage guidance on how to create a more delicious and sustainable relationship.Gina Ogden, PhDAuthor of Women Who Love Sex, The Heart & Soul of Sex, and The Return of Desire
- Love That Works is an honest, loving, heartfelt cure for our culture of relationship cynicism. In discussing her own marriage and the relationships of others, we are confronted with hope, forgiveness, and vulnerability, through examples that both empower and give us courage in opening ourselves to love. A gem of a book for those seeking greater depth and meaning in their relationships. This book can help any love be sustainable!P. Michele Sugg, MSW, LCSW, AASECT Certified Sex TherapistSex Therapy Advisor, Alexander Foundation for Women’s Health
- In Love That Works, Wendy Strgar has given us a roadmap to more satisfying, sustainable relationships. This is an excellent book that everyone who is partnered or married should own. Love That Works is one of the best books I’ve read about the hard but rewarding work of what it means to love.Debby Herbenick, PhDAuthor of Because It Feels Good: A Woman's Guide to Sexual Pleasure & Satisfaction
- Wendy has an empathetic soul and exuberant voice; while reading her book, one is filled with the sense that she is not just talking to us, but listening as well.Ian Kerner, PhDNY Times bestselling author of She Comes First
“We all want to be loved. Yet living in a world driven by commercial messages about entitled happiness and freedom of choice, our relationships bear the burden of the misguided belief, that, like the stuff we accumulate, they are interchangeable and disposable if they do not meet our needs. Instead of recognizing another’s capacity to teach us how to love more, we refuse the daily, messy work of relating—learning how to communicate, negotiate and master shared difficulties and challenges.”
Read more at Making Love Sustainable.