by Good Clean Love Staff August 07, 2015
This week, we would like to present to you a new weekly round-up of trending articles and topics on the Internet that we thought drew attention, collected thought, and formulated questions in your heads. In case you missed them on our social channels all week, here’s what’s trending the week of August 1st-7th, 2015. Check back next Friday for next week’s Recommended Reads.
In The News:
From the importance of taking risks in love to the Planned Parenthood debate to our discovery that animals have sex for fun, too, here’s what we liked online this week.
1) The New York Times: “Taking Risks in Love” by Arthur C. Brooks. Brooks recalls meeting his wife in Barcelona and how it was only through a high amount of risk that he ended up getting the girl. True love is not dead, folks, but you’ve gotta take some risk to get what you want. (Posted Aug. 1, 2015. Originally posted online Feb. 13, 2015).
2) Tiny Buddha: “How to Love Your Authentic Self” by Lori Deschene. We talk a lot about relational love, but self love is just as important. Check out this piece for a primer on how to love your authentic self. (Posted Aug. 2nd, 2015).
3) EOnline: “Will and Jada Smith Are Not Divorcing- But Why Do People Want to Destroy Their Marriage?” by Natalie Finn. Will Smith and his wife, Jada Pinkett-Smith are one of the longest standing Hollywood power couples. But inevitably, happy couples don’t sell. Why can’t we just admit that some people do marry and stay married successfully? (Posted Aug. 3rd, 2015).
4) Cosmopolitan: “Defunding Planned Parenthood Is The Opposite of Pro-Life” by Jill Filipovic. Not a single dollar of federal funding pays for abortions at any Planned Parenthood across the nation, so why is the GOP trying so hard to cut the funding that would give women the reproductive care they need that they can’t get elsewhere? (Posted Aug. 4th, 2015. Originally posted online Aug. 3rd, 2015).
5) Ebony: “4 Tips For Starting a Sexual Bucket List” by Shantell E. Jamison. Sometimes you need to spice up your sex life. Sometimes you need to get out of a rut. Sometimes, there are things you want to try but not you’re not sure if you can or should. Jamison gives you some tips on how you can. (Posted Aug. 5th, 2015. Originally posted online Jul. 28th, 2015).
6) The Guardian: “In This Prostitution Debate, Listen to Sex Workers, Not Hollywood Stars” by Molly Smith. Amnesty International has recently come under fire for proposing policy changes on how we legally treat sex workers. Celebrities say sex work shouldn’t be legalized, Smith says that the sex worker’s voice, the voices actually affected by the policy, should be listened to just as closely as the celebrities’ voices.
7) Discover Magazine Blog: “Yes, Other Animals Do Have Sex For Fun” by Jamie Lawson. As Earth Kitt says, “Birds do it, bees do it, even educated flees do it”, science is saying that of course other animals have sex for fun. Many even feel pleasure. After all, not even animals would seek out sex if it wasn’t at least a bit fun.
On the Blog
It was a busy week on the blog, with our first four-part blog story to an introduction to our new theme of Belonging, if you haven’t been keeping up, get on it!
2) “Three Ways to Belonging” by Wendy Strgar. This month, we’re talking all about belonging. Wendy opens up the month discussing three heartfelt ways in which you can find that sense of belonging we all crave. If you haven’t signed up for the newsletter yet, you can do so here!
And that’s a wrap! Tune in next week for some more trending topics and the heartfelt, honest content you’ve come to see on the blog. Have a lovely day!
by Belita Budde December 14, 2017
Good Clean Love has long been an advocate for the use of healthy ingredientsin consumer products. We know how far-reaching the dangers of toxic chemicals are, and the serious effects they can have on a person’s long-term health and well-being. That’s why we were thrilled to discover that our friends at Keep A Breast Foundation were launching a new effort to educate consumers: a movement they call...
by Good Clean Love Staff October 26, 2017
Have you ever started a new birth control, and then noticed that things started feeling a little…off? Turns out, you aren’t the only one! More women are noticing vaginal dryness as a result of their birth control regimen. Don’t worry, though – there are plenty of things you can do to start feeling better.
Although vaginal dryness is most commonly...
by Good Clean Love Staff September 15, 2017
Here at Good Clean Love, our mission is to increase the quantity and quality of loving relationships on the planet. That’s why we only use the safest and most natural ingredients in all our products, and strive to educate young adults about equal pleasure.
So, we were pretty happy to see Drug Store Newsspreading the word about our recently expanded distribution. We’ve added our natural intimacy...
Good Clean Love’s Mission ...
is to increase the awareness and experience of love in the world. Our business offers all-natural, organic feminine hygiene and premium intimacy products to enhance your ability to enjoy the passionate side of life.
Good Clean Love, Inc.
207 West 5th Ave.
Eugene, OR 97401