Our National Sales Manager is responsible for growing our CPG brand by overseeing sales and managing B2B accounts in the Natural, Grocery, and Adult classes of trade. The appropriate candidate will have experience growing and managing retail accounts in the CPG industry.
Job tasks include broker and vendor management, generating B2B sales through phone and email, trade-shows, presentation/review meetings, PowerPoint presentations, etc. in order to exceed projected sales goals and to make sure that Good Clean Love is included in all pertinent review meetings and upcoming planograms (POGs).
The National Sales Manager will consistently engage with potential, new, and existing clients as well as seek out new channels of distribution, and will support customer marketing needs, collaborate with key company stakeholders and cross-functional teams to accurately complete paperwork, fulfill samples, and set-up accounts for on-going engagement.
This role requires innovative thinking and consistent delivery of high-quality solutions that create a new level of engagement and provide a competitive advantage in the places customers come in contact with the GCL brand.
The right person is engaging, organized, personable, persistent, and knowledgeable in sales and marketing to a variety of channels including mass, drug, grocery, and natural markets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Retail account management of key customers and distributor partners
• Wholesale sales and new customer acquisition through phone, emails, trade shows, and POG review meetings.
• Management of trade and promotional strategy and execution across channels
• Communicate marketing and branding messaging accurately and with in-depth knowledge of the subject, market, and competition.
• Create sales proposals via PowerPoint and email to sell the product and brands.
• Collaborate with Sales & Marketing departments to develop strategies to drive engagement and ROI.
• Stay current on the latest insights and trends in the category/industry that can be used to promote GCL.
• Help design and create promotions/ads that help wholesale customers promote GCL.
• Update CRM and shared files with customer contacts, details, files, data, and notes.
• Update partner portals and complete vendor and new item and TPR paperwork.
• Control costs and effectively allocate and recommend resources.
• BA or BS or equivalent degree in communications, marketing, or related discipline.
• 4+ years of CPG sales experience
• 2+ years experience managing Distributors (UNFI, KeHE, etc.)
• Strong knowledge of Mass, Grocery, and Natural channels required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
• An adaptable writing style that can be tailored by the audience and medium
• Must be well organized, detail-oriented and great at multitasking
• Must thrive under pressure and deadlines
• Experience training and supervising sales staff
• Must be self-motivated and results-oriented, able to lead projects and interact with multiple departments.
• Proven collaboration skills are essential
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks and be open to ongoing change
• Ability to win the support of peers in order to move projects forward
• Hands-on attitude with a willingness and motivation to learn
• Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and CRM ( Salesforce and Goldmine)
Competitive Salary, Benefits package including insurance, 401K, and PTO.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000-$100,000 per year